Thursday, July 25, 2013

My First Post

Today is my first post! I'm a little nervous... putting things out in the unknown. I like being creative and trying new things out, so I thought "Why not start a blog??". I know that there are a lot of creative people out there, starting blogs, making things, doing crafts, testing out recipes, and things like that...and the chances of me being unique or different are very small... BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO STOP ME FROM WRITING! I don't know who will read my blog, or who will like it, but I'm sure someone out there might.

So... in honor of kicking off my new blog, I have decided to post a project that I have been working on the last couple of days in my free time!


I have this really old pair of H&M flats that are super comfortable. But, they were starting to look a little too shabby for wearing to work.
     (they even match our floor tile)

So I decided to start embroidering them! I did some sketches and decided that a simple bohemian style might be nice.

I used bright embroidery floss to create triangles. I then did the mirror sequence of colors for my left foot.


 They turned out pretty nice and ready for teaching art!! Nothing says art teacher quite like nice colorful shoes.


Hope to be delighting who ever may read this with another creative post soon!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Cool new blog! Great job too on the shoes, they look amazing :) Now try keep them out of the rain, thats gonna be hard in this weather!

    DESPICABLE ME 2 tmr WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

    Kevin

    PS. sorry if you get this comment twice, I pressed publish but it prompted me to make an account which I didn't want to do and when I went back, I lost the msg aiya. Anyway keep up the blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember Julie and Julia. It takes a while before some people start responding. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll make sure to add a tutorial for this later! Even after a few days I still love these shoes :).

    ReplyDelete